I don’t start cooking something and then walk away from it, leaving the meal to fester and rot on the stove. For a similar reason, I don’t make New Year’s resolutions.
That said, in no particular order, here are some things I hope to accomplish in 2017*.
- Eliminate 20-25% of my possessions, mainly books and comics and old electronics.
- Rid my house of the current plague of gnats which is making it almost uninhabitable.
- Compose, edit, and produce a small e-book of previously published work.
- Hire someone to fix my busted WordPress domains, so I can start writing again on a regular basis. (Or, more accurately, have one less excuse to not write.)
- Replace my busted-ass, broke-down phone with something useful.
- Visit out-of-state friends, like an honest-to-gods vacation.
- Reconfigure my home office to have a low-end recording setup in place. I have the gear, but I don’t have the workspace.
- Settle a long outstanding personal matter and write a long, TMI-laden essay about it.
* Little known fact: In the Russian calendar, 2017 is the year of the marionette.